Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything you have to know on the weekly games.

2 posters

Go down

Everything you have to know on the weekly games. Empty Everything you have to know on the weekly games.

Post by potterman28wxcv Fri 2 May - 21:07

What are they ?

It's some games we're scheduling every weeks. We meet a certain day, at a given hour, and we Rollcage !

When are they ?

Right now, there is only one planned : every Saturday, at 09:00 pm, GMT +1 - you can check the event page of the steam group to know what time it is in your country : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage#events

What do I have to install ?

You will need 3 things installed :

• First, Rollcage. Ask me directly the link if you don't know where to get it
  • Second, Tunngle. This is necessary if you want to be able to connect via TCP/IP with our games. Rollcage is an old game, and as every old games, it uses an old protocol. Tunngle allows us to set up games a lot easier.
  • Third, Steam installed on your PC. That is what we will use to contact you ; and also, if you have a micro, it would be cool to use it. We use the steam vocal chat, which is funnier than text chat, and also more convenient, since you can't alt+tab in Rollcage to write messages.

OK, I've installed everything. Now, what have I to do to play with you when it's time ?
You will have to do the following things :

• First, connect on steam, and go in the group chat (the "enter the chat" button here : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage). We will all be there ; and we invite everybody connected on steam when the game starts
  • Second, connect on Tunngle, and join the Rollcage room
  • Finally, enter in Rollcage the IP adress we will give you. To do it, you have to press enter on "Connection : TCP/IP" in Rollcage ; something will then appear where you will be able to write the IP adress

Of course, make sure to have installed everything, and making sure that the game runs well, before the weekly game starts  Wink

Oh, and I forgot : make sure your firewall is disabled or set up correctly, or you will have some weird problems when trying to connect to us !
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Everything you have to know on the weekly games. Empty Re: Everything you have to know on the weekly games.

Post by Unreal.2K7 Sat 3 May - 18:50

Great info! Also i would like to point out that tunngle itself might get advantage from using a dedicated forwarded port (UDP 11155).

For the layman this means that -when you have tunngle installed and look at its main window- you should see a colored face in the bottom right corner. If it's not green and you are experiencing problems with connection, you might want to try and follow the instruction in this page (http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Port_Forward) in order to try and configure your network so that you get the green face.

Once you did that, should it still not work, don't worry: rollcage is known for it's buggish network implementation, and when you join us for a game remember that there might be also others experiencing problems, so don't worry and tell us what is happening with you and what have you already done to try to solve the situation.
Like this:
Dups wrote:THE FACE IS GREEN!!!

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

Everything you have to know on the weekly games. Empty Re: Everything you have to know on the weekly games.

Post by Unreal.2K7 Sun 18 May - 10:06

I will also leave a note here about the fact we realized that it is possible for the host to receive incoming connection from different subnets. Namely, we tried a game where one person connected to me using my external ip, and the other was using tunngle. The game worked flawlessly nonetheless, so actually you could join even if you don't have tunngle. But then again, having it is really handy as you don't need to play around with the settings and change the external ip everytime.

So, in order for you brave hosters out there to be able to receive incoming connections, you need to forward the following ports: 2300 and 47624 (i think it's tcp protocol, but i have both tcp and udp enabled and i'm not really sure right now, so just forward them for both)

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down