Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About patch 1.0b and analog controls.

3 posters

Go down

About patch 1.0b and analog controls. Empty About patch 1.0b and analog controls.

Post by Broscar Mon 16 Jun - 23:48

After re-installing and playtesting the game several times, I noticed that patch 1.0b COMPLETELY DESTROYS the input system of the game. /drama

I set up the controls for version 1.0 and all I had to do to get the left analog stick of a Xbox360 controller to register correctly, was swap the X and the Y axis.
http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/02/06/rollcage/ links to a program which can do that (can't confirm it works though - I use a Dualshock 4 controller that comes with it's own remapping software)

After installing the 1.0b patch, the analog stick was all messed up again;
Up registered as left.
Down registered as right.
(Which is the default behaviour of version 1.0 as well if you don't swap the axis)
However, I can't get rid of that behaviour even after swapping the axis' back to their original configuration.
Downgrading the game back to version 1.0 fixed the controls (with the swapped axis).

What do you guys think?
1.0b doesn't do anything noticeable for me other than mess up the controls, so I'm sticking with 1.0.
Also, sticking with version 1.0 and swapping the axis seems to be a less invasive hack than the one posted on the ReCaged/GoRCX forum.

Broscar

Back to top Go down

About patch 1.0b and analog controls. Empty Re: About patch 1.0b and analog controls.

Post by Unreal.2K7 Tue 17 Jun - 12:05

Very interesting point. Actually i'm more concerned about networking issues that might arise from using a different version. I must report that, as of now, we do not have direct evidence of problem being caused by this. But let's just remember the game version is different should anything bad happen.
We could really use some changelog but doesn't seem like there is any around anymore..

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

About patch 1.0b and analog controls. Empty Re: About patch 1.0b and analog controls.

Post by Broscar Tue 17 Jun - 14:38

The patch is mostly just rendering fixes, but I don't have any rendering issues whatsoever with version 1.0

Wanna test whether the different versions can connect with each other?
Just let me know when you're up for it.

---EDIT:
I tested it with t_n_o/Altair and it works fine.

Broscar

Back to top Go down

Post by codemonkey Fri 1 Aug - 7:29

I came across this very problem while working on the following project:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage/discussions/1/35219681465828428

It's now been addressed, and I'm really not sure how it ever worked well in the first place. It seemed to me that it was just pot luck whether DirectInput exposed the axis information in a particular order or not. We now account for the order whatever it might be.

codemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum