Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A complete overview of the weapons/bonuses

2 posters

Go down

A complete overview of the weapons/bonuses Empty A complete overview of the weapons/bonuses

Post by potterman28wxcv Mon 3 Mar - 14:11

Hey ! I'm starting here the first guide on Rollcage Stage 2 ; that one will be about the bonuses, and I'll discuss how to use them, their strength, their weaknesses, etc..

The Mini Rockets (3 red triangles) : Your first missiles in the game. Small, but quite powerful, assuming the opponent is close to you, you can send him to heaven easily. Don't forget to bind your "target vehicle" key, and press it before you release the bonus, else it won't hit your opponent. Also, the powered version makes you being able to target opponents in your back ; you have for that to press the "rear view" button, wait for the "lock" to be achieved, and then release. Still, it's less precise than if your opponent was in front of you.

You can also destroy buildings with that, but unlike the first Rollcage, this usage is limited since destroying buildings doesn't deal a lot of damage to players.

Another thing you have to know is that its range is kinda limited, so don't expect to hit someone if he's far away.

On Firefox : never saw them

Chain gun (the red target) : The non powered version is useless, because it's very hard to hit a vehicle with that. But the powered one.. it really rocks ! Assuming your opponent is close enough, the bullets will be directly headed to your opponent, forcing his car to slowdown and brake. Also really great to take out the shields. A good combo is to take out the shields of the opponent with that bonus, and then casting the Radius Bomb to completely take him out.

On Firefox : you have to be not to close, but not to far ; if you're exactly in the good distance you can easily earn more than 2k point with the powered version. But your opponent can "counter" you by casting a Radius Bomb.. Beware !

Driller rocket (the green missile) : What would be the track Firefox without these awesome drillers ? This bonus is an important part of the battle track Firefox. But back to the normal races, the non powered version is not that powerful, you have to aim well to hit the opponents. Still, the second one is really powerful because you can launch it backwards ! That means that if someone is following you, you just have to send it behind (the same way as the red missiles, without the lock), and then 2 consecutive green missiles will be launched, and will most of the time hit your opponent if you aim well (it's very hard to dodge).

On Firefox : wait to have the powered version, then launch it from behind to an opponent. Or if the powered version won't come, just release it. Whatever way you choose it will 90% of the time hit somebody (you ?), making it a constant source of points.

Laser blade (the lightning thing) : The non powered version sucks. Really. I've never ever found a way to use it reliably. But the powered version is awesome. It gives you a huge boost AND it freezes the wheel of every cars that get near your wheels ! So if you have one or two opponents in front of you, just cast it, catch them up, and freeze their wheels.

On Firefox : never saw it

Time Warp (the slowing bonus) : I will quote here directly from the Rollcage 2 original website :
"This time around the time warp has a range. Cars in front of you are slowed dependant on distance from you. The ones behind aren't effected. The powered version is like the original [Rollcage 1] Time Warp. You slow time for everyone in the race except yourself."
In fact, the non powered version isn't really worth it. I'm using it when I'm getting slowed (because if you do, and if you cast a time warp, it will cancel the first time warp). But the powered version is really rocking.

Leader missile (the '1' missile) : Unfortunately it's not that strong, unlike the first Rollcage.. Unless you have a slow car, it's very easy to dodge, and it isn't really strong ; you get very quick on the race again once you're hit. Still, it can slow you down a bit. The powered version releases 2 missiles instead of one, which is then harder to avoid.

Worm Hole : This bonus is awesome, but have to be used with caution. It creates a wormhole in front of your car, to make you jump 1 or 2 positions (depending if it's powered of not). Once you've made the jump, the wormhole stays for some seconds, allowing the car behind you to also make the jump. If you use it just like that, it won't be useful. You have to use this bonus with another one. The one i prefer is casting a Radius Bomb while I'm jumping : that way, I'm jumping just before it explodes, and the opponent is blew away. It also works with the Laser Blades or the Tazer or just an acceleration or time warp.. Well, everything that can help you distance your opponent after you've jumped.
If you're first, you may want to stock one weapon in your bonus in case someone makes the jump. It's your choice to keep one weapon just in case, or to free it to get boosters.

Radius Bomb : The terrorist weapon ! The unpowered version is harmless, but the powered version is really damn powerful. It can blow away every cars that are near you. Really awesome.

On Firefox : Everything is about time. You have to cast it on the right time so you're the closest possible to the opponent when it's cast. You can have some HUGE amount of points with it. The best i've done is sth like 12k in a single hit (there were 2 cars near me). You'll learn how to cast it by practicing, so joining our games !

Turbo : Nothing special to say about it. It's a booster, and it can help you catch up the others. It's better to use it while you're casting a time warp, so it's at least 3 times more efficient.

Shield : A permament shield that can take an amount of damage. The more damage you take, the more it will fade. Just cast it when you have it, you never know what can happen in Rollcage Stage II.

On Firefox : same ; cast it whenever you have it

Tazer Ram : That makes rings around your vehicle that will send to air your opponents when you touch them. It's hard to hit with the non powered version, but the powered one is dangerous because it also slowdowns the opponents that are near you, so you can hit them easier.

On Firefox : You're a real human bullet when you have it ! Just wait for the powered version, then play bowling with the opponents !

Statis beam (the yellow thing) : That is God's weapon ! (Or Chuck Norris's weapon if you don't believe in god. But it's also Chuck Norris' even if you don't believe in Chuck Norris). It's the sniper weapon : you charge it, then you release it, and every cars hit by it are paralyzed for a couple of seconds. A great weapon ! The powered version allows you to cast it backwards. Really threatening.

On Firefox : never saw it yet ; I hope there is one when there are 5 players.. Actually never seen it in multiplayer at all.

potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

A complete overview of the weapons/bonuses Empty Re: A complete overview of the weapons/bonuses

Post by Unreal.2K7 Tue 4 Mar - 23:43

Really cool guide! I'll throw my 2 cent.

Time Warp (the slowing bonus) : In my experience, when you cast this weapon and run into a car because they were ahead of you and suddenly slowed to a crawl, the game physics make it so that no impact is simulated. Instead you simply swing around the car and continue along your path with no speed loss. Very handy as in that moment you are probaly yelling mentally "ohcrapimusteeeeaarrrrrgghhhhh!" and then nothing happens.

Radius Bomb : It deals damage according to the distance you are from the center of the explosion. If i remember correctly, the max points you get for the unpowered version is 2k, while it's 6k for the powered (and this means you are standing next to the exploding car)

Turbo : Watch out with the powered version as it will mess up badly with your grip if you're not on a straight track... (at least this is with genesis car)

Tazer Ram : It doesn't slow you down, it pulls you toward the caster. So yeah it slows you if you are being followed, else you are pulled forward to the car if you are following it. But in this second case you should just bash the brake before they do!!

Statis beam (the yellow thing) : If you have multiple cars lined up ahead (or behind) and you fire this one, they all get hit by the beam and frozen.

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down