Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can not install

2 posters

Go down

Can not install Empty Can not install

Post by Archangel Sat 26 Apr - 23:51

I guess my problem is resolved, since I use potterman's portable game, but just for the record, here is a problem I have with my Rollcage disk:

I tried to run setup, no success. Changed compatibility to Win98 and then to Win95, still nothing. Process monitor returned the "path not found" message for the following processes:
R:\win98\w98setup.bin
R:\CEPB\BIN\cemgr.exe
R:\_setup\HH2004.exe
R:\Ground Control\GRAPHICS.SDF etc...

where R:\ is my CD drive. Seems like setup is trying to create new folders and files on R:\ ??

So far, no idea how to install RC on my Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Can not install Empty Re: Can not install

Post by potterman28wxcv Sun 27 Apr - 9:03

I think Rollcage setup may not really be compatible with Windows 7.. did you have the setup asking you for the installation path ?
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun 27 Apr - 15:52

No, setup can not start at all. Clicking on setup.exe just triggers an hourglass and it hangs like that. Process monitor told me what was going on. Installation path should be asked for after the setup screen opens, I agree that path may be the problem.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by potterman28wxcv Sun 27 Apr - 17:11

Aah so you looked what was going on with a software hmm..

Then the problem isn't that he tries to create files in R ; he is trying to load the files you are citing, but he can't find them. So I think there's an access problem to your CD drive by the setup.

Maybe setup.exe doesn't have the admin rights, and thus, doesn't have the right to mount your CD or something like that.. It would be worth trying to run setup.exe as an administrator.
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon 28 Apr - 3:19

I was always trying as admin... But I made it, anyway! I restarted to safe mode and installation worked. So everything seems to be in order now. The only odd thing is that image file in virtual CD does not work, I must load in the original disk.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by potterman28wxcv Mon 28 Apr - 7:55

Same here ; the virtual image doesn't work, because i think Rollcage doesn't support having a CD inserted in another CD reader than the main one (maybe there weren't computer with more than 2 cd readers at the time it has been released).

But if it works, and if you can have the music, then it's all great Very Happy
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum