Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DXWnd project page - A tool to make full screen only programs windowed

2 posters

Go down

DXWnd project page - A tool to make full screen only programs windowed Empty DXWnd project page - A tool to make full screen only programs windowed

Post by Unreal.2K7 Mon 19 May - 15:31

I've come across a tool called DXWnd (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/) which is a software capable of intercepting Glide and DirectX calls from software that wants to stay full screen, and to put them into a window. There is no need for me to state how much rollcage could benefit from this (no more crashing when alt tabbing, no more missing UI, seamless integration into your desktop for the game, etc...).

From the author's site:
Windows hooker - intercepts system calls to make fullscreen programs running in a window, to support a better compatibility, to enhance video modes and to stretch timing. It is tipically very useful to run old windows games.

Features:

• Run fullscreen programs in window
  • Perform time stretching to slow down or speed up actions
  • Add several compatibility options to support legacy programs
  • Log operations, show program status and palette

Regarding rollcage: i tried to set up a profile for the game but right now there seems to be some problems with rollcage not receiving the hooks. I've left a message for the admin (which seems to be very helpful and his community is active and up to date) and will report back with progress as well as informing people who don't know already about this during weekly games.

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

DXWnd project page - A tool to make full screen only programs windowed Empty Re: DXWnd project page - A tool to make full screen only programs windowed

Post by potterman28wxcv Mon 19 May - 20:11

That would be cool ! I wish there were virtual desktops on windows
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down