Rollcage Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website !

2 posters

Go down

Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website ! Empty Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website !

Post by potterman28wxcv Tue 11 Mar - 14:01

It can be found here : http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/

The aim of this website is to have articles written about old games ; if you're looking for an old game, but don't know how to install it, or if it's not working for your PC, this website can help you.
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website ! Empty Re: Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website !

Post by potterman28wxcv Tue 11 Mar - 14:02

I personnally believe that the modern game developpers should really pay attention to these old games. Basically nowadays games have almost perfect graphics, but most of them have no interesting gameplay. If there was a game with the graphics of nowadays, and the gameplay of the 90s, that would be really awesome.
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website ! Empty Re: Play Old Pc Games - An Interesting website !

Post by Unreal.2K7 Thu 13 Mar - 23:32

I remember when there were text based adventures games. Computers back then were not equipped with proper graphics adapters nor programs could take advantage of high level abstraction libraries to draw primitives for games.
So you had these dos windows with text flowing and it was basically an interactive book. You did navigate a world and interact with items and npc in it all via textual descriptions. It might sound boring or disorienting, but really it allowed for a greater immersion in the environment as everyone would picture the location with his imagination. Additionally, the game was all about solving puzzles or decyphering hints scattered around, and thus great care and innovation was put in them. The cool thing was that you could abstract from a three dimensional euclidean digital world. You could use this to create mindblowing labirinths where you went somewhere from place A, but when going back the exact same steps you would end up on place B, and this could be leveraged to create mental/linguistic labirinths.

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

Post by potterman28wxcv Sat 22 Mar - 10:25

I suppose you've heard of Dwarf Fortress ; everyone who plays this game describe it being amazing. I've tried it, and it looks so hard to get into..
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal.2K7 Sat 22 Mar - 22:42

But is it amazing?

Unreal.2K7
True Host

Back to top Go down

Post by potterman28wxcv Sun 23 Mar - 2:37

I can't give an absolute answerr. For me currently it's not because it's too hard to play. But I could tell exactly the same for music ; i just hate some musics until i listen them again and again and finish to like it. So it's very hard to tell whether it is amazing
potterman28wxcv
potterman28wxcv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down